Outdoor pest control is very important to ensure creepy insects are outside your sweet home. You may hire a good company for pest control in Holly Springs NC via https://readypestnc.com/pest-control-in-holly-springs/ to do the required job. Meanwhile, watch for these easy tips:
- Always remember to inspect the outside of the house for simple accessibility points. Seal any cracks and crevices with a silicone-based caulk. Use steel wool to fill larger openings, as pests tend to be discouraged from the roughness of the fibers.
Image Source: Google
- Watch out for signs of termite damage, like soft timber which seems hollow when tapped, sand tubes, and cracked or bubbling paint.
- Properly landscape by maintaining the grass cut and ensuring shrubbery, tree branches, and other vegetation is nicely trimmed and away from your home.
- Clean leaves and other debris out of the gutters to prevent standing water, which may offer the ideal breeding ground for insects.
- Fix fascia and rotted roof shingles; a few insects are attracted to deteriorating timber.
- Replace weather-stripping and fix loose mortar around basement base and windows.
- Display windows, attic vents, and openings to chimneys. Fix any rips or tears.
- Direct water away from the home through correctly working downspouts, gutters, and splash blocks. Fix leaking faucets, water pipes, and AC units.
- Store fire timber at least 20 feet from the home.