A wireless range extender is a device that can boost the signal strength by connecting to the existing network. It can do magic for you if you are getting the speed or signal problem on your wi-fi device.
The steps to perform the Netgear Setup using the assistant are discussed here as under:
- Connect the extender to the power source and wait for the LED to turn green.
- Once done, connect the extender to the computer using a Wi-Fi or wired connection.
- From your computer, open the web browser and enter Mywifiext or IP address directly.
- Click on ‘New extender setup’. If you find information on ‘How to add the extender on setup assistant’, you can click Here.
- Search for the range extender network from the list of networks.
- Enter details in the field and press ‘Next’.
- The connection switch must be turned to ‘Switch’
- Select the name of the network you wish to the extender and you will be prompted to enter the passphrase of your choice for a new extender network.
- Start connecting the wi-fi devices to the new network and check if the internet is connected or not. Press ‘Continue’.
- Tap ‘Next’. If you are getting Amber light on the extender, then bring the router and extender closer.
In this way, you can perform the setup steps. If you are having any problem in implementing the steps, you can get in touch with the experts.